Student Records and Registration
Welcome to Adams 14!
To register returning student (PS-12th grade), please click here to access the Parent Portal.
Adams 14 is proud to announce that we now offer Online Registration for newly enrolling students!
Please make sure to gather the following information before starting your online registration application:
- Household information: home address(es) and phone number(s)
- Parent/guardian information: work and cell phone number(s), email address(es)
- Student information: date of birth and complete name as it appears on birth certificate, medical condition(s) and medication information
- Emergency contact information: date of birth, home address(es) and phone number(s)
You will have the option to upload copies of birth certificate, proof of address, parent ID, immunization records, etc. If you do not have access to a scanner, please contact your child's school for help with uploading the required documentation. Your child will not be enrolled until these documents are received.
Click here or visit www.adams14.org/OLR to begin your online registration application:Submit only one application for all students under your guardianship.
Student Records Department
P: (303) 853-3238
F: (303) 853-3329
Apply Now for Free and Reduced Lunch
Children need healthy meals to learn. Adams14 Nutrition Services offers healthy meals every school day. Your children may qualify for free or reduced price school meals. Students in all grades that qualify for free or reduced price meals will receive breakfast at no charge. Students in preschool through 5th grade who qualify for reduced meals will also receive lunch at no charge. Click on the following link: https://www.myschoolapps.com/Home/DistrictRedirect/ADAMSCOUNTY14_CO?langid=1
Applying for Free and Reduced applications online.
- How long will this take?
The entire process should take 15-30 minutes depending on the size of your household and the information you are required to enter.
- How long does it take to review (approve) my application?
In most situations, your district should process your application within 10 working days of receiving it. However, by submitting your application online that time is shortened in comparison to paper application submissions. Therefore, you can expect a quicker approval when using our online service.
¡Bienvenidos a Adams14!
Inscripciones para estudiantes re-ingresantes (grados PS-12), haga clic aquí para ser dirigido al Portal de Padres
¡Adams 14 se enorgullese en presentar Inscripciones en Línea a estudiantes que desean ingresar a nuestras escuelas este ciclo escolar! .
Por favor asegurese de reunir lo siguiente antes de comenzar su aplicación:
- Información del hogar: dirección y números de teléfono
- Información de padres/tutores legales: números de teléfono del trabajo y celular, direccion(es) de correo electrónico
- Información del estudiante: fecha de nacimiento y nombre completo tal cómo aparece en el acta de nacimiento, información de salud y medicamentos
- Información de contactos de emergencia: fechas de nacimiento, direcciones y números de teléfono
Tendrá la opción de subir copias de acta de nacimiento, comprobante de domicilio, identificación del padre/tutor legal, cartilla de vacunación, etc. Si no tiene acceso a una escaneadora, por favor comuníquese con la escuela a la que asistirá su hijo/a para recivir asistencia. Su hijo/a no será inscrito hasta no presentar estos documentos.
Para comenzar la aplicación de inscripción, por favor haga clic al enlace: Envíe solo una solicitud para todos los estudiantes que estan bajo su tutela legal.
Calendario de Inscripción / Directorio Escolar / Mapa de las Escuelas.
Departamento de Registros Estudiantiles
T: (303) 853-3238
F: (303) 853-3329
Aplique Ahora para comidas gratuitas o precio Reducido
Los niños necesitan comidas saludables para aprender. Adams14 Nutrition Service Dept.ofrece comidas saludables cada día escolaSus hijos pueden calificar para comidas escolares gratis oa precio reducido. Los estudiantes de todos los grados que califiquen para recibir comidas gratis oa precio reducido recibirán el desayuno sin costo.r. Los estudiantes en preescolar hasta quinto grado que califican para comidas reducidas también recibirán almuerzo gratis. Haga click en el siguente enlace: https://www.myschoolapps.com/Home/DistrictRedirect/ADAMSCOUNTY14_CO?langid=2
Cómo hacer una solicitud en línea para comidas escolares gratis oa precio reducido.
- ¿Cuánto tardará esto?
El proceso completo debe tomar de 15 a 30 minutos, dependiendo del número de integrantes de su hogar y la información que deba proporcionar.
- ¿Cuánto tiempo toma revisar (aprobar) mi solicitud?
La mayoría de las veces, su distrito debería procesar su solicitud a más tardar en 10 días hábiles después de recibirla. No obstante, al enviar su solicitud en línea, ese tiempo es menor que en el caso de las solicitudes impresas. Por lo tanto, al usar nuestro servicio en línea el proceso de aprobación puede ser más rápido.
If you have a preschool-aged child (3 and 4 year olds), please contact Child Find for a screening and registration appointment at 303-853-5680. Click here for more information.
Preschool through 12th Grade (Returning students)
Note: For returning students, parents will need to update their information through the Infinite Campus Parent Portal for 2020-2021 beginning May 4, 2020. If you do not have a Parent Portal account, please contact your child's school. Registration for returning students will end August 19, 2020.
Click here to be directed to the Parent Portal.
Si usted tiene un niño/a en edad preescolar (3 y 4 años), por favor comuníquese con Child Find para una evaluación y hacer su cita para inscripción al 303-853-5680. Haga clic aquí para más información.
Preescolar - 12do Grado (Estudiantes actuales)
Atención: Para estudiantes actuales, los padres deberan actualizar su información por medio del Portal de Padres de Infinite Campus para el ciclo escolar 2020-2021 empezando el 4 de mayo, 2020. Si no tiene una cuenta para el Portal de Padres, por favor comuíquese con la escuela que assite su hijo/a. Inscripciones para estudiantes re-ingresantes terminará el 19 de agosto, 2020.
Haga clic aquí para ser dirigido al Portal de Padres.
To register your child, you will need the following documentation:
- Birth Certificate: This ensures that we have accurate information on your student's records. We will keep this document on file if you need a copy at a later date.
- Photo ID: To verify you are the parent or guardian of student.
- Proof of Residency: We only accept the following as proof of residency: utility (water, gas, electricity) bill, rent receipt, lease agreement or mortgage statement.
- Immunization Records: Colorado state law requires current immunization records before the student can begin attending school. View the updated immunization requirements for Colorado schools.
- Proof of withdrawal from previous school: If enrolling in high school you will also need to provide a transcript from the previous school.
- Any Guardianship Paperwork: Court Order, Power of Attorney, Adoption Paperwork, etc.
- Age Requirements: A child may enroll in school if he/she is:
- Kindergarten: five years old on or before October 1 of the year of enrollment.
- First Grade: six years old on or before October 1 of the year of enrollment.
Adams 14 Attendance Areas
- Adams 14 Attendance Areas
- Elementary Schools
- Middle Schools
- Students in the boundaries of Alsup, Dupont, and Monaco Elementary Schools go to Adams City Middle School
- Students in the boundaries of Central, Kemp, Hanson, and Rose Hill Elementary Schools go to Kearney Middle School
- High School
- All students go to Adams City High School
Colorado is an open enrollment state. Open enrollment allows parents to enroll their child in any public school as long as the family is willing to provide transportation. State law permits a district to designate a school as "full" and not accept Open Enrollments, but many do accept students. This law even allows students to cross district boundaries in order to attend the school of their choice. The boundaries of Adams 14 are shown in the map below.
Adams 14's open enrollment policy
Policy JFBB INTER-DISTRICT CHOICE/OPEN ENROLLMENT
The Board recognizes that students may benefit from having a choice of schools to attend within the public school system that is not limited by school district boundaries.
Nonresident students from other school districts within the state who apply pursuant to the regulations approved by the Board may enroll in particular programs or schools within this district on a space available basis without payment of tuition, except as otherwise provided by law.
In providing for admission of nonresident students, the school district shall not:
- Make alterations in the structure of the requested school or to the arrangement or function of rooms within a requested school to accommodate the enrollment request
- Establish and offer any particular program in a school if such program is not currently offered in such school
- Alter or waive any established eligibility criteria for participation in a particular program, including age requirements, course prerequisites and required levels of performance
- Enroll any nonresident student in any program or school after October 1
Before considering requests for admission from nonresidents, priority shall be given to resident students who apply under the district's open enrollment/transfer plan.
Students who were expelled from another school district during the preceding 12 months or whose behavior in another school district during the preceding 12 months was detrimental to the welfare or safety of other students or school personnel may be denied admission.
An elementary student who becomes a nonresident after enrollment or between school years shall be allowed to remain enrolled in or to re-enroll in elementary school in the district in accordance with state law and Board regulations. Secondary students who become nonresidents during the school year may complete the semester or other terms for credit. Seniors who become nonresidents during the school year shall be allowed to finish the school year as residents.
The Board reserves the right to rescind and/or amend any enrollment of nonresident students if, in its opinion, overcrowding of facilities or other undesirable conditions develop.
Transportation for students granted permission to enroll pursuant to this policy shall be furnished by their parents/guardians to a bus stop within the district if arrangements can be made to have the student ride on a district bus without disruption of regular routes and loading areas (not including handicapped/special education buses and routes).
Homeless and disabled students shall be transported, as necessary, in accordance with state and federal law. Buses from this district may enter the student’s district of residence to pick up or deliver the student only with specific permission of the Board of Education of the district of residence.
The Board, the Superintendent, other administrators and teachers shall not make any distinction on account of race, national origin, sex, ethnic group, religion, marital status, or disability of any student who may be in attendance or who seeks admission to any school maintained by the district in the determination or recommendation of actions under this policy.
Requests from the parents of special education students for admission shall be considered in accordance with applicable state and federal laws. The student's current Individual Education Plan (IEP) shall be used to determine if the requested school or program can meet the student's needs. Once the student is admitted, the district shall conduct a staffing to update the IEP.
The Superintendent shall present to the Board for its consideration any request from parents or legal guardians for exceptions to this policy.
Open enrollment definitions
- Open enrollment:
- Students who want to attend a school other than their neighborhood school must apply through the District's open enrollment process.
- Neighborhood school:
- Neighborhood schools are primarily available for students who live in a designated attendance area. Students who live outside a neighborhood school's attendance boundary can attend the school, space permitting, by going through the District's open enrollment process.
- Charter school:
- A charter school is a public school that has a contract with a school district but has a separate governing board and functions independently. Students must open enroll into charter schools.
To determine specific open enrollment information for individual Adams 14 schools, please contact the Student Records Department at 303.853.3238.
If you are an institution requesting educational records, please fax a formal records request form to Student Records at 303-853-3329. There is a 48-hr turnaround period.
If you are a former Adams 14 student, you may print and complete a Records Request form.
- Record Request Form
- Formulario para solicitar Registros Estudiantiles
- Or visit http://needmytranscript.com and make your request through there (subject to needmytranscript.com fees)
Please review the instructions on how to request records:
- Record Request Instructions
- Instrucciones para solicitar Registros Estudiantiles
- O visite la página http://needmystrancript.com y meta su solicitud por ese medio (sujeto a cuota de la página)
Contact your child’s school to set up an enrollment appointment
Bring a completed registration form, photo ID, current proof of address as well as your child’s birth certificate, immunization records, and previous school information.
Students must be five years old on or before October 1 of the year of enrollment to begin kindergarten and six years old on or before October 1 of the year of enrollment to start first grade. For preschool, see the Adam 14’s Child Find page.