Located just north of downtown Denver lies the community of Commerce City, most noted for its rich mix of cultures, heritage, history and traditions. The 33,000-resident community is served by the Adams 14 School District and caters to the historic neighborhoods in the community.
Located in the beautiful Rocky Mountain area just 15 minutes from the heart of downtown Denver, the Adams 14 School District has all the conveniences of a metropolitan school district with a small town feel. Residents enjoy knowing their neighbors, sharing traditions with family and friends who’ve grown up together, and bonding with those who established the community’s history and hospitality.
The Adams 14 School District’s portion of Commerce City is home to the Colorado Rapids, the state’s professional soccer team which calls Dick’s Sporting Goods Park its home turf. Commerce City also lets wild animals roam free – at least within the Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge, adjacent to the Adams City High School grounds. To add to its great outdoor amenities, Commerce City has plenty of room to enjoy the sunshine with about 300 acres of play areas and parks as well as 14 miles of walking trails. Senior citizens also enjoy the use of a robust senior center which is housed within the city’s 67,000-square-foot recreation center.
The district embraces equity to ensure diversity among students, staff and the community is celebrated as the strength that it is. Adams 14’s culture is based on high expectations for all students and employees, supporting both academic and social growth. We are fully committed to inclusive excellence for all students and will inspire, educate and empower all students to succeed.
Our 13 schools offer choices to meet the diverse needs of students.
- 2 Preschools
- 7 Elementary
- 2 Middle
- 2 High
Mission and Vision
Board of Education Strategic Imperatives
- To dramatically improve academic performance, and move the District from Priority Improvement to Accredited with Distinction by the year 2020.
- To significantly empower all families and community members to become engaged partners in their child's education, by creating welcoming environments District-wide that reflect and support a culturally diverse population.
- To intentionally increase and improve communication District-wide, both internally and
- externally, as well as enhance the resources offered to our current clients and community members.
The Board of Education believes: When the community, students and staff are involved, all students do learn and succeed.
Our Students and Staff
Adams 14 is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer. We offer an extensive staff development program, providing employees opportunities for support, growth and renewal. For detailed information, please see this report of Adams 14 district and school populations. (District totals can be found at the bottom of the report.)
Total Pupil Count: 7,060
- 85.69% Hispanic
- 10.06% White
- 2.20% Black or African American
- < 1% American Indian or Alaskan Native
- < 1% Asian
- < 1% Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
- 1.13% Two or more races
Total Staff Members: 905
391 Support Staff