District Accountability Committee
The DAC is a group comprised of various Adams 14 stakeholders who support the state’s system of accountability through coordinated efforts with Colorado’s Department of Education and State Board of Education, local school boards, and district leaders.
The Federal Programs Department provides fiscal and strategic support to Adams 14 schools and manages Federal, State, and local grants funds to ensure all grant dollars comply with the applicable regulations, district goals, and supports student achievement.
Colorado State Statute 22-11-302 requires DAC members to act in an advisory role.
The purpose of the DAC is to have a platform for its members to collectively make recommendations to the local school board in regards to:
- District Budget
- Unified Improvement Plan (UIP)
- Charter School Applications
- Family Engagement
- Provide input and recommendations to principals about the development and use of assessment tools to measure and evaluate student academic growth related to teacher evaluations;
- Work with committee members to identify other areas of concern to address and make further recommendations.
Membership in the DAC shall be comprised of groups of representatives as follows:
- At least 3 parents of students enrolled in a district;
- At least 1 school administrator employed by the district;
- At least 1 teacher employed by the district;
- At least 1 person involved in business in the community within the district’s boundaries
The board appoints the members of the DAC.
- Regular meetings are on the first Wednesday of the month starting September to May.
- Additional meetings may be scheduled throughout the year, as needed.
- DAC members serve one-year terms.
- The committee will elect officers as outline in DAC bylaws and may form subcommittees.
- All meetings of the DAC and its subcommittees are open to the public.
Contact DACIf you have information that you would like to share with the District Accountability Committee, please email DAC@adams14.org.
Your email will be received by a district liaison to the DAC who will then share with DAC membership. If there is a response you are seeking, you will receive a response no later than 48 hours of your submission.
For more information, please call 303-853-3333
DAC Meeting Dates and Agendas