Student Records and Registration
Welcome to Adams 14!
All new students are required to participate in school-based registration this summer, click in the Registration Calendar (under construction) below.
In addition to the registration forms, please bring the following documentation for each child you are enrolling:
- A Birth Certificate
- Current proof of residency (such as a utility bill with service address, lease agreement, or mortgage statement)
- Current immunization record
- Proof of withdrawal from previous school (High School Only): Final transcript, behavior and attendance records
- Guardianship Paperwork (if any)
- Parent/Legal Guardian Photo ID
For your convenience, forms can be downloaded here to complete and take to your child’s school during school-based registration. If you have questions about determining your neighborhood home school, please contact the Student Records Department
Student Records Department
P: (303) 853-3238
F: (303) 853-3329
¡Bienvenidos a Adams14!
Todos los estudiantes de nuevo ingreso (incluyendo estudiantes actuales de preparatoria) se les requiere completar el proceso de inscripción este verano, presione en el enlace del Calendario de Inscripciones(bajo construccion).
Además de los formularios de inscripción favor de traer la siguiente documentación para cada niño (a) que va a inscribir:
- Acta de nacimiento
- Comprobante de domicilio actualizado tal como una factura de servicios públicos con dirección de servicio, contrato de arrendamiento, o estado de cuenta hipotecaria
- Cartilla de vacunación
- Comprobante de Retiro de la escuela anterior (estudiantes de nuevo ingreso en la preparatoria únicamente): Transcripción de grados final, así como los registros asistencia y conducta
- Documentos sobre la Tutela del Estudiante
- Una Credencial con fotografía del padre/tutor legal
Para su comodidad, los formularios de inscripción se pueden descargar aquí para completar y llevar a la escuela de su hijo (a). Si usted tiene preguntas sobre la escuela asignada a su hijo (a), por favor póngase en contacto con el Departamento de Registros EstudiantilesCalendario de Inscripción / Directorio Escolar / Mapa de las Escuelas.
Departamento de Registros Estudiantiles
T: (303) 853-3238
F: (303) 853-3329
If you have a preschool-aged child (3 and 4 year olds), please contact Child Find for a screening and registration appointment at 720-322-8130.
Kindergarten through 12th Grade (Returning students)
Note: Returning students are required to complete the Back to School packet at their school of attendance during the registration window.
Note: 9-12 Returning students entering high school in 2018-19 are required to complete the school-based registration process. Visit your child’s school for specific forms to be completed.
If you are returning to the same school or are transitioning to a feeder school, please download and print each of the following:
- Back to School Packet
- Federal Programs Supportive Services form
Take completed forms along with any updated information and supporting documentation to your child’s school during a school-based registration event in July.
Kindergarten through 12th Grade (New to Adams 14)
Si usted tiene un niño/a en edad preescolar (3 y 4 años), por favor comuníquese con Child Find para una evaluación y hacer su cita para inscripción al 720-322-8130.
Kinder - 12do Grado (Estudiantes actuales)
Atención: Estudiantes actuales deberan completar el paquete de Regreso a Clases en su escuela de asistencia durante las fechas de inscripcion.
Nota: Estudiantes actuales del 9 al 12 se les requiere que completen el proceso de inscripción. Visite la escuela de su hijo(a) para obtener los documentos que debe completar.
Descargue e imprima los siguientes formularios:
- Paquete de Regreso a Clases
- Formulario de Programas de Apoyo Gubernamentales
Lleve los formularios completados junto con todos los requisitos a la escuela de su hijo (a) durante el horario de inscripción en julio.
Kinder - 12do Grado (Nuevos a Adams 14)
To register your child, you will need the following documentation:
- Birth Certificate: This ensures that we have accurate information on your student's records. We will keep this document on file if you need a copy at a later date.
- Photo ID: To verify you are the parent or guardian of student.
- Proof of Residency: Examples of residency proof are: utility bill, rent receipt, lease agreement.
- Immunization Records: Colorado state law requires current immunization records before the student can begin attending school. View the updated immunization requirements for Colorado schools.
- Proof of withdrawal from previous school: If enrolling in high school you will also need to provide a transcript.
- Any Guardianship Paperwork: Court Order, Power of Attorney, Adoption Paperwork, etc.
- Age Requirements: A child may enroll in school if he/she is:
- Kindergarten: five years old on or before October 1 of the year of enrollment.
- First Grade: six years old on or before October 1 of the year of enrollment.
Adams 14 Attendance Areas
- Adams 14 Attendance Areas
- Elementary Schools
- Middle Schools
- Students in the boundaries of Alsup, Dupont, and Monaco Elementary Schools go to Adams City Middle School
- Students in the boundaries of Central, Kemp, Hanson, and Rose Hill Elementary Schools go to Kearney Middle School
- High School
- All students go to Adams City High School
Colorado is an open enrollment state. Open enrollment allows parents to enroll their child in any public school as long as the family is willing to provide transportation. State law permits a district to designate a school as "full" and not accept Open Enrollments, but many do accept students. This law even allows students to cross district boundaries in order to attend the school of their choice. The boundaries of Adams 14 are shown in the map below.
Adams 14's open enrollment policy
Policy JFBB INTER-DISTRICT CHOICE/OPEN ENROLLMENT
The Board recognizes that students may benefit from having a choice of schools to attend within the public school system that is not limited by school district boundaries.
Nonresident students from other school districts within the state who apply pursuant to the regulations approved by the Board may enroll in particular programs or schools within this district on a space available basis without payment of tuition, except as otherwise provided by law.
In providing for admission of nonresident students, the school district shall not:
- Make alterations in the structure of the requested school or to the arrangement or function of rooms within a requested school to accommodate the enrollment request
- Establish and offer any particular program in a school if such program is not currently offered in such school
- Alter or waive any established eligibility criteria for participation in a particular program, including age requirements, course prerequisites and required levels of performance
- Enroll any nonresident student in any program or school after October 1
Before considering requests for admission from nonresidents, priority shall be given to resident students who apply under the district's open enrollment/transfer plan.
Students who were expelled from another school district during the preceding 12 months or whose behavior in another school district during the preceding 12 months was detrimental to the welfare or safety of other students or school personnel may be denied admission.
An elementary student who becomes a nonresident after enrollment or between school years shall be allowed to remain enrolled in or to re-enroll in elementary school in the district in accordance with state law and Board regulations. Secondary students who become nonresidents during the school year may complete the semester or other terms for credit. Seniors who become nonresidents during the school year shall be allowed to finish the school year as residents.
The Board reserves the right to rescind and/or amend any enrollment of nonresident students if, in its opinion, overcrowding of facilities or other undesirable conditions develop.
Transportation for students granted permission to enroll pursuant to this policy shall be furnished by their parents/guardians to a bus stop within the district if arrangements can be made to have the student ride on a district bus without disruption of regular routes and loading areas (not including handicapped/special education buses and routes).
Homeless and disabled students shall be transported, as necessary, in accordance with state and federal law. Buses from this district may enter the student’s district of residence to pick up or deliver the student only with specific permission of the Board of Education of the district of residence.
The Board, the Superintendent, other administrators and teachers shall not make any distinction on account of race, national origin, sex, ethnic group, religion, marital status, or disability of any student who may be in attendance or who seeks admission to any school maintained by the district in the determination or recommendation of actions under this policy.
Requests from the parents of special education students for admission shall be considered in accordance with applicable state and federal laws. The student's current Individual Education Plan (IEP) shall be used to determine if the requested school or program can meet the student's needs. Once the student is admitted, the district shall conduct a staffing to update the IEP.
The Superintendent shall present to the Board for its consideration any request from parents or legal guardians for exceptions to this policy.
Open enrollment definitions
- Open enrollment:
- Students who want to attend a school other than their neighborhood school must apply through the District's open enrollment process.
- Neighborhood school:
- Neighborhood schools are primarily available for students who live in a designated attendance area. Students who live outside a neighborhood school's attendance boundary can attend the school, space permitting, by going through the District's open enrollment process.
- Charter school:
- A charter school is a public school that has a contract with a school district but has a separate governing board and functions independently. Students must open enroll into charter schools.
To determine specific open enrollment information for individual Adams 14 schools, please contact the Student Records Department at 303.853.3238.
If you are an institution requesting educational records, please fax a formal records request form to Student Records at 303-853-3329. There is a 48-hr turnaround period.
If you are a former Adams 14 student, you may print and complete a Records Request form.
Please review the instructions on how to request records:
Contact your child’s school to set up an enrollment appointment
Bring a completed registration form, photo ID, current proof of address as well as your child’s birth certificate, immunization records, and previous school information.
Students must be five years old on or before October 1 of the year of enrollment to begin kindergarten and six years old on or before October 1 of the year of enrollment to start first grade. For preschool, see the Adam 14’s Child Find page.