Strategic Facilities Master Plan
The Strategic Facilities Master Plan (SFMP) process was undertaken in the spring of 2010 to continue work begun with the District’s Comprehensive Appraisal for District Improvement (CADI) and as a prerequisite for BEST Grant applications. The SFMP has the long-term goal of projecting the District’s facilities improvements over a ten-year planning horizon, and the short-term goal of being completed in 90 days to meet the BEST Grant application deadline of April 9, 2010.
To meet this aggressive schedule, three normally subsequent tasks were tackled concurrently:
- Demographics/ enrollment analysis and projections
- Educational Planning – curriculum models translated into educational criteria and plan diagrams
- Facility condition assessments (built on the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) assessments)
These tasks were each performed by sub-committees directed by an overall Steering Committee formed by District and Consultant Team members.
The final step of the SFMP, Prioritization and Recommendations, had to be taken sequentially after completion of the first three.
- Project Kick-Off
- Educational Program Vision, as it relates to facilities
- Educational Facility Standards, as it relates to CDE and the strategic goals and educational vision of the District
- Demographic Analysis and Trends
- Site Needs Assessment, Facility Conditions and Educational Suitability
- Community Engagement
- Financial Analysis
- Prioritization and Recommendations