District Accountability Advisory Committee
Welcome to the District Accountability Advisory Committee!
The DAAC is a group comprised of various Adams 14 stakeholders who support the state’s system of accountability through coordinated efforts with Colorado’s Department of Education and State Board of Education, local school boards, and district leaders.
The purpose of the DAAC is to have a platform for its members to:
- collectively make recommendations to the local school board in regards to budget priorities and preparation of the district’s Performance, Improvement, Priority Improvement, or Turnaround Plan;
- provide input and recommendations to principals about the development and use of assessment tools to measure and evaluate student academic growth related to teacher evaluations;
- and work with committee members to identify other areas of concern to address and make further recommendations.
Membership in the DAAC shall be comprised of groups of representatives as follows:
- At least 3 parents of students enrolled in a district;
- At least 1 school administrator employed by the district;
- At least 1 teacher employed by the district;
- At least 1 person involved in business in the community within the district’s boundaries
The board appoints the members of the DAAC.
- Regular meetings are on the first Wednesday of the month starting September to May.
- Additional meetings may be scheduled throughout the year, as needed.
- DAAC members serve one-year terms.
- The committee will elect officers and may form subcommittees.
- All meetings of the DAAC and its subcommittees are open to the public.
If you have information that you would like to share with the District Accountability Advisory Committee, please email DAAC@adams14.org.
Your email will be received by a district liaison to the DAAC who will then share with DAAC membership. If there is a response you are seeking, you will receive a response no later than 48 hours of your submission.
For more information, please call 303-853-3333
DAAC Meeting Dates and Agendas
- 8/8/2018 Agenda | Handouts |
- 8/22/2018 Agenda | Handouts |
- 8/29/2018 Agenda | Handouts |
- 9/5/2018 Agenda | Handouts |
- 9/12/2018 Agenda | Handouts |
- 9/19/2018 Agenda | Handouts |
- 9/26/2018 Agenda | Handouts |
- 10/3/2018 Agenda | Handouts |
Current Topics on the DAAC Agenda
Charter Application Process -- KIPP Commerce City Academy submitted a charter school application to Adams 14 for consideration. Since becoming a charter school authorizer in 2010, Adams 14 has been granted exclusive chartering authority in determining whether or not to approve charter school applications. DAAC is currently reviewing the application to present their recommnedation to the school board on Oct. 9. The school board is scheduled to take final action on Nov. 13.