The Adams 14 School District is in the process of selecting a new superintendent. Working with the Colorado Association of School Boards, the Adams 14 Board of Education has recruited candidates that are now in the consideration process. The board of education, together with the community and staff, will evaluate candidates based on the qualifications identified by the board.
- Knowledge of the Colorado Accountability system and how to move a district out of turn-around/priority improvement.
- Builds public trust while making changes to improve student performance
- Previous experience as a superintendent preferred
- Experience as a district cabinet-level leader
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong, trusting relationships with students, parents, staff and the board
- A consensus builder with the ability to develop and execute plans for the future
- Experience in creating and maintaining a positive organizational climate and culture
- Can make tough decisions and follow through with them • Strong leadership skills with integrity, honesty and fairness
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is a plus, but not required
- A person of high integrity, honesty and fairness who promotes capacity-building with staff and the board.
- Understands school finance and building effective budgets
Here’s the timeline for completing the selection process.
|Finalists Announced||June 30, 2016|
|Candidates’ Reception to Meet Finalists
District Offices, Board Room
|July 11, 2016
4:30 – 6 p.m
|Board, community, staff committees interview candidates||July 12, 2016|
|Board deliberation||July 13 or 14, 2016|
|Successful candidate announced||July 13 or 14, 2016|